Thursday, October 1, 2009

wireless broadband USBS and Australia

I'm here to discuss wireless USB's and Australia.
Why?
Because wireless internet makes life easier, with some companies cheaper and well I don't tangle myself in cords

Unfortunately for me I live 5 minutes out of Hobart CBD in Tasmania, which crosses Three network off my list. I am also told that whilst Dodo, Optus and Virgin are still sold in my state that there is hardly any coverage and where there is coverage it's pretty poor.
Vodafone and GRL network (a subsidary of Vodafone) have coverage where I live but there's huge blackspots and it quite enjoys dropping out atleast once an hour. That said quite quick when it works as well as economic.
Telstra has great coverage but the prices are sky high for example $30 for 225MB compared to $29 for 1.5GB with GRL, so not economical really for university students, unemployed or well anyone earning under 50k a year.
Lets face it.
Australia + internet = fail
til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment